Reception hours 10am-4.30pm
(Via phone or text message 021-1900069 ONLY)
Self check-in from 3pm : Self check-out 10am
Same day booking cut off time 10pm. Best price when book directly via www.oamarubackpackers.co.nz)
- *Please note; The PIN and Smartkey will only work only after Check-in time 3pm
and until Check-out time 10am.
- Call or text to 021-1900069 for assistance (Duty Manager 10am-4.30pm).
- Emergency ONLY call the director 021-08268556 (24hours) or call 111 NZ Police.
- Close the main front door properly for security and keep it closed at all times.
- Check out at 10am. (Latest at 12pm and 20% of a night fee surcharge applies. If you check out after 12pm, You will be charged a full room rate for another night.)
- To store your luggage during the day before and/or after check-in/out, is free of charge. You must arrange with staff in advance of where to safely store your items.
- No alcohol or food in your room.
- Be quiet from 10pm to 8am as there are other guests still asleep in the building.
- Strictly NO smoking inside. There are tables in the garden down the driveway.
- Please let us know if something is broken or damaged, CCTV operating 24/7.
- DO NOT sleep in common areas ($100 penalty per day)
- Please clean up after yourself.
- Lockers are available and free to use at your own risk at the hallway.
- Lock is available for sale $5 by arrangement in advance only.
- Feel free to help yourself at our garden for anything that ready to pick 🙂
Our WIFI is free to use but can occasionally become slow if network is busy. Please wait a few moments then try to reconnect.
WIFI : Oamaru Backpackers
Username : bpacker Password: wifi4u
- Ensure you use the correct bunk bed, bed-number matching with your booking. Failing to do so, may cause you an extra cleaning fee of $100 or more per day.
- Kitchen hours is 8am-10pm and please clean up after yourself.
- Please label your food with your name and check-out date. Otherwise your food will be removed without notification.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, cereal etc. help yourself and clean up after yourself by following instructions on the wall.
- Always turn the fan ON while you are cooking.
- Wash the pots and pans you use. Dishes, glasses and cutlery can be rinsed then put into the dishwasher (Let staff run the dishwasher for you)
- Please be respectful of others when using hot water and clean up after yourself
- Place sanitary items in the bins provided, DO NOT flush them.
- Laundry hours are 10am-7pm and Clothesline is at the garden walk down the driveway.
- Washer $2 per load, Dryer $4 per load (Powder $1 per bag by arrangement in advance only)
- Extra Towel hire $2 each, available by arrangement in advance only.
- Free off street parking available in front of our backpackers at any time, DO NOT block any driveways. You can park your car down our driveway at your own risk. There is limited space, first come first serve basis.